Texas Running Club is the official organization for club runners at the University of Texas at Austin. We are sponsored by the University of Texas, the Recreational Sports Club division (www.utrecsports.org) and the National Intercollegiate Running Club Association (NIRCA).
We strive to promote health and fitness by building a recreational running community at the University of Texas and provide a gateway for long-distance and road race training.
We believe running is a bonding experience. Therefore, we invite any UT students, faculty, or staff to become apart of our growing group! Texas Running Club serves all types of runners. Goals range from training for 5Ks and sprints at the Intramural Track Meet to completing in marathons and half-marathons every year. We understand training for a race can be difficult, but TRC provides a friendly and supportive environment for every runner to reach their goal.
Recent TRC member accomplishments include:
- over 10 national qualifiers for the NIRCA (National Inter-Collegiate Running Club Association) cross-country meet,
- annual Boston qualifications,
- several intramural track meet event champions,
- 3 years in a row college division winners at the Silicon Labs Austin Marathon Relay,
- multiple male members with a sub 3:00 marathon time and multiple female members with a sub 3:15 marathon time,
- top 10 finishes for the Texas Independence Relay,
- and several other personally distinguished records being made every semester by our runners themselves!
During this school year, we meet weekday nights (Mon-Thurs) in front of Gregory Gym at 6pm (times vary during the semester). A typical day consists of splitting up into different pace and distance groups around 3, 5 or 7 miles. The route will be delivered either by the Vice-President or one of the Running Captains present that day. Routes vary in direction and can include areas such as North Campus, Shoal Creek, or Town Lake. On Saturday mornings, we host long runs (at least 10 miles). Throughout the school year, TRC will keep you informed about local races around the Austin area. Some of those races will be discounted because of your status as a member of TRC! In addition, we provide opportunities in which club members can compete on a team together such as the Texas Independence Relay. We also compete every year in the Intramural Track and Field meet in the Spring semester.
Please contact Ben Gitzinger (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details!